Effective Meetings and Competent Meeting Facilitation
Maybe this situation is familiar to you: The meeting agenda was sent out the day before the meeting – and the agenda is not nearly as detailed as you would have wanted. At the meeting a lot of information is given, there are a lot of discussions without any form of structure and no reel decisions are made. After the meeting, nobody actually knows what will happen going forward and what actually was agreed at the meeting. You attend a lot of meetings and there are not many spare moments during the day, where you can be available for your subordinates, handle emails or time to solve some of the tasks you may have committed to do at your meetings. Your preparation for most meetings are often only done 50%. You know it’s not good enough, but what can you do to change your work habits?
But it does not have to be that way! There are many things that you can do to improve your work situation.
At this course you will learn:
- That leading meetings is a competence that needs to be learned. We will provide you with a set of tangible tools which makes you a better and more efficient meeting facilitator.
- What your responsibilities are, before, during and after a meeting
- To prepare a new and different agenda which creates results and progress as an extension of your meetings and which “forces” the meeting participants to be prepared when they attend the meeting.
- A new and different way for you to prepare before your meetings.
- About all the things you SHOULDN’T do when it comes to meeting facilitation.
- How to handle your meeting participants and their different kind of personalities.
- That meetings needs to be prioritized
- To use dynamic meeting notes, so you will remember to do the tasks you agreed to do at the meeting – and so that you will be able to follow-up on the tasks assigned to themeeting participants.
- To use a wide range of tools and methods which will create better results at your meetings.
You will save a lot of time each day if you learn how to work more efficiently. You will be able to deliver better results when you manage your meetings better. We will teach you this during the training. We will set in exactly where a change in habits and behaviour is needed and we will support you until all things are implemented and working for you. The concrete methods are based on many years of experience with teaching individuals to work more efficiently – and it works! We guarantee that you will experience significantly better and profitable meetings.
All the tools and methods we teach you – will help you be able to implement immediately. All trainings – short, longer or individual training – will include a continuously follow-up part.